Welcome to the JISC Beginner’s Guide to Digital Preservation
The JISC Beginner’s Guide to Digital Preservation project ended in 2010. The guide is no longer being updated.
The Guide has been written for those working on JISC projects who would like help with preserving their outputs.
It is aimed at those who are new to digital preservation but can also serve as a resource for those who have specific requirements or wish to find further resources in certain areas.
There are many ways to navigate this guide.
- The Problem – What exactly is the digital preservation problem?
- Contents – A complete contents list for the guide.
- Index – An A to Z Index of key topics in the guide.
- Tag Cloud – A cloud of all the tags used in the guide.
- Questions – A set of questions that you can ask yourself to see what parts of the guide are relevant to you.
- Scenarios – A set of scenarios to help you see see what parts of the guide are relevant to you.
- Search – The search facility below will allow you to find information on specific topics.
If you have a question, suggestion or comment about the guide please see the contact page.