Posted by Marieke Guy on 15th December 2010
UKOLN have released a JISC Beginner’s Guide to Digital Preservation.
It has been written for those working on JISC Higher Education projects who would like help with preserving their outputs but is also relevant to those from the Cultural Heritage community. It is aimed at those who are new to digital preservation but can also serve as a resource for those who have specific requirements or wish to find further resources in certain areas.
The Guide is available at: http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/jisc-beg-dig-pres/
The site can be navigated in the following ways:
- Using a the contents list
- Using the index
- Using a tag cloud
- By answering a series of questions
- By considering a series of scenarios
- Through the search facility (top right)
- Using Delicious – over 300 urls have been tagged with jisc-bgdp
- By viewing all the contents online or in a Word document
You can comment on any page on the site, so please do let us know what you think and if there are any resources we’ve missed.
We will promoting the guide over the forthcoming months.