Posted by Marieke Guy on October 21st, 2009
Web 2.0 and the Social Web are terms which are now being used widely. But what do these terms mean? And what, if anything, can Web 2.0 and the Social Web offer to museums, libraries and archives, especially small organisations with limited budgets and technical expertise?
A one-day workshop sponsored by the MLA and entitled ‘An Introduction to Web 2.0 and the Social Web’ will be touring the country in the next few months. The workshop will attempt to answer the above questions. It is free to attend but places are limited. Bookings are now open so why not sign up!
- Preston (the Gujarat Centre) – 13th November
- Devizes, Wiltshire (Wiltshire Heritage Museum) – 16th November
- London (Clore Learning Centre, Museum of London) – 3rd December
- Leeds (Leeds Discovery Centre) – 9th December
- Leicester (School of Museum Studies, University of Leicester) – 18th December
More workshops in other areas will take place after New Year.