Working With Image Metadata? Need Some Help? We Can Help You Find Your Perfect Developer Partners!
Just one day after Valentine’s Day, come and share your image metadata problems with developers at ‘Picture This!’. This one-day workshop being run as part of the Dev8D+ programme of events in London on 15th February 2011, is a great chance to work on real-life issues around image metadata, talk to developers, get their help in solving your problems and… get some real-life solutions!
- A chance to outline your problems to developers in a lightning talk
- A chance to brief developers and help create practical solutions to use in your own work
- A Developer Challenge that will run throughout Dev8D – 16th-17th Feb for the best solutions, plus mystery tokens and other prizes to encourage developers and reward their hard work
- A chance to network with other practitioners working in the same area
- Free lunch
What you need to do -
- Log in to the Picture This! page on the Dev8D wiki, where you can outline the problems and issues you face, and ask for help before the workshop
- Come along on to the workshop and give a lightning talk outlining your problems and issues
- Talk to developers about your problems, answer their questions, give them feedback
- Work with developers on the day to create practical solutions
Picture This! is a one-day workshop taking place at Dev8D+ and run jointly by the Metadata Forum and the Application Profiles Support project. The workshop will bring together developers and non-technical practitioners to explore the issues around image-based metadata.
Starting with a programme of lightning talks where participants can share experiences, explain problems and pitch ideas, the day will focus on providing participants with practical solutions to image metadata problems. The workshop offers a unique opportunity for participants from a technical and non-technical background to work together to find ways to improve the delivery of services dealing with images. The event requires no previous experience, just an interest in metadata and images and a willingness to explore working together.
Places are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment!