Here is a quick checklist to help you assess where you are in your digital preservation strategy.
- What information do you have?
- Do you have a preservation strategy?
- Are you documenting processes?
- Have you decided what needs preserving?
- Have you decided how long it needs to be preserved for?
- Have you indicated responsibilities?
- Have you resourced the solution?
- Does your team have adequate training?
- Have you had a cross-discipline/institution discussion?
- Have you decided what needs to be deleted?
Another more comprehensive checklist is the NEDCC: Planning for Digital Preservation: A Self-Assessment Tool.
- Disruptive Library: Planning a digital preservation assessment using TRAC:CC and DRAMBORA